Live or lead- the choice is yours



ARE we living? ARE we dwelling?



Many say yes but according to me we are not at all living. We would have seen many people saying “I am living for my children, I am living for my happiness and I am living for this and that”. But there is nobody to say that they are living so as to live a life. Everyone are running like a mad horse without any purpose.

           I am wondering that why we need to run for the sake of money, food, parents etc…… my dear friends we need to have passion over our life.  That’s why I asked the question ‘are we living or leading’.

           From my context you could come to an idea regarding what I really wanted to convey you. All the essentials like money, property etc… are needed to lead a life not to live a life.

     Now again I am putting forward my question……

ARE we living?”

Surely not. Isn’t it?

Everyone would know about one of the best poems of Henry Wordsworth –

            A PSALM OF LIFE

Its beautiful words really admired me pricking my heart and refreshing my mind.

(Here are the lines)

LIFE IS REAL! LIFE IS EARNEST!

AND THE GRAVE IS NOT ITS GOAL.

It’s extremely delightful. I can’t be without appreciating these lines of the poet.

         The goal in life is to achieve and grave is not the goal. The most obvious act of every person in his life is to quit once you did bit that too caused you to wit.
Add caption

         You may be seeing me as idiotic as at the starting of my essay I spotted you not to run behind anything and now interestingly asking you to run. One thing I want to make you clear that “my argument is not based on running but willingness on running behind a fruitful thing”. It is not that we need to run behind everything we need in our life. I think so it sounds strange. Yeah! I am speaking the most peculiar thing.

   To induce an essence in my content I narrate my own experience in life -how I learnt the meaning of life………

(Here begins)

I am presently in 11th standard. I used to have my summer classes after 10th class board exams. My summer classes usually begin at 10.00am and gets over by 3.00pm. At that time I used to think why I should alone travel a long distance for this much less hours. I used to cry! Weep! Then at the evening I have a dreadful travel by van and indescribable tiresome evening it would be for me.

     Why? Why? Is that I am only to be buried like this? It always kicks my heart.

     Days run. Some days after as I am writing this I do realise that those days are far better than these disgusting days. Now I have my classes from 8.00am to 8.00pm. As I write you can understand my painful situation I am addressing.

     So I went to my most senior teacher, interesting friend, my god given gift my mom to acknowledge my problem. She said me in her simple words-“oh my child now you realise that nothing is constant in life everything goes of one day like your problems. So live the moment fully, happily and live to the fullest as they can never come back. One day this will surely become a best moment in your life”.

Amazing!!!...... This makes quite sense. Created an impact on me.

Now coming to the next part of the poem.

(Here are the lines)

NOT ENJOYMENT AND NOT SORROW;

IS OUR DESTINED END OR WAY,

BUT TO ACT, THAT EACH TO MORROW;

FIND US FARTHER THAN TODAY.

Wow tears are rolling down my eyes……

Enjoyment are sorrow is our destined way or end. It’s true.

We enjoy or remain sad it
leads us farther than today. “A good day gives you happiness but a bad unexpected day gives you the valuable, precious thing that happiness provides you. Guess what it is, the none other than the  

EXPERIENCE”

Try to seek positivity. Negativity causes only wounds not rewards.

     To be grateful it is not that you want money, or wealth it depends on the way you seek everything. Be crazy on everything you do don’t be lazy over it.

     Don’t run behind everything you see instead see the thing that comes running behind you.

BIRTH AND DEATH

This is the word filling the gap between birth and death and which we call it as life.

But between B and D there is an alphabet C the CHOICE that we make in our life. 

Before coming to the answer for my question I put forth the engaging words written by Norman Cousins-

“THE TRAGEDY OF LIFE IS NOT DEATH, BUT WHAT WE LET DIE INSIDE OF US WHILE WE

LIVE”

What do you infer from these lines?

Life is not gaining strength over everything. Life is not the way making all people to see what we do, through their eyes but the real challenge is making them feel it by their heart. As said by Helen Keller-

The most beautiful things in life cannot be touched or seen but it needs to be felt by heart. So make everything beautiful.

I am going to end my article. Before doing that some simple discussions. Go in front of the mirror and ask the following questions:

1) Who am I?

2) What is my purpose of living?

3) Whether the way we live can be called living?

4) For whom I am living?

5) Conclude it by asking the final question. “The choice I made in my life is for living or leading?”

My dear friends, the success is not only having the things we like to have it also has a meaning of living a successful life. According to me success is a huge thing. True success is when at least two persons thing you as a role model. But for this money is not the criteria. THERE SHOULD PERSONS WHO SHOULD CRY AFTER YOUR DEATH. That is where you deserve true success. Your biography should one day become a history.

So I conclude by saying that life expects you to live not to lead. SO LIVE DON’T LEAD.

LIFE HAS A SPECIAL MEANING:

L-LOVE 

I-IT

F-FOR

E-EVER.

DON’T WASTE IT.

I HOPE IT WAS NOT BORING!!!!……


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It’s true that you can’t change the beginning of acts that you have carried out. It is also true that you can change what can be done in the future. Maybe more important is having the love for your fellow men to help put them on the right path ♥️♥️♥️

      Delete
  2. Karen excellent attempt..
    Long way to go..
    Keep doing dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually what the situation is.
    Its an useful 1.
    Everyone should live for their happiness and according to their wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well captured and presented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen...this is one of the best blogs I have read...it is thought provoking and intriguing to say least. ..keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment